Based in Pittsburgh, PA
17 Oct, 2013
Crowman & Wolfboy are an unlikely pair of shadow creatures on a bizarre journey to escape their own nature and find the mysterious "humans". Help them flee the planet of shadows and the life-devouring Darkness following their every step. Will the path to “humans” lead Crowman & Wolfboy to happiness? Will they ever escape the persistent Darkness? Could a real life crow lift a real life wolf over pits of mutant garbage cans? ...What?!
The team at Wither Studios created Crowman & Wolfboy as an expression of their appreciation for childhood platformers. These games have helped remind the team how unforgiving games used to be. Every level a gauntlet, movements needed to be planned and perfectly timed for fear of restarting. Every small win an epic achievement for the brave few that dare test the waters and push through the challenging puzzle. Gothic influences are also apparent in Crowman & Wolfboy and the team searched for creative ways to incorporate these mature themes into a lighthearted story and a visually appealing art style. There are hints of science fiction within the story and design of C&W. The mysteries that lie within the voids of space provide a vast landscape to paint countless story possibilities and interesting twists in what a contemporary platformer can offer.
- 40 levels of challenging platforming action!
- Unlock new and special abilities
- Run, Jump, Fly, Climb, Smash, and more with intuitive controls
- Collect light orbs that push back the pursuing Darkness
- Captivating soundtrack by Hildor of Dethlehem
- Find hidden items, unlock ancient knowledge and save the babies!
- Travel through space and time in unique play modes!
Launch Trailer YouTube
Trailer 2 YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "PAX East Indie Showcase" PAX East, 20 April, 2014
- "Endless hours of enjoyment"
- Lucy Ingram, 148Apps
- "The controls are tight and responsive, and every error is going to be your fault."
- Chris Carter, Touch Arcade
- "I really can’t get enough of this game"
- Frank Inglese, Capsule Computers
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
The voice of Crowman & Wolfboy https:.
Kickstarter campaign http:.
About Wither Studios
Wither Studios is composed of six talented dudes with one vision – to create engaging and thought provoking games.
More information on Wither Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Crowman & Wolfboy Credits
Doyle Daigle, II
Technical Art Lead